Ladybird Pre-School Nursery capability policy outlines the process to be taken to help improve an employee’s poor performance or incapability due to ill health. It is to encourage improvement in performance and ascertain the seriousness of an illness so that the employee understands and meets the required standards of work, or to ensure that they are supported should illness/long-term sickness be the issue.
Although we anticipate that most capability matters will be resolved quickly by an informal approach this policy is designed to provide a fair, effective and consistent method of dealing with all capability matters.
- The nursery manager will meet with the employee to establish whether there is a lack of application by the employee (conduct). Where this is the case Ladybird Pre-School Nursery will action their disciplinary policy.
- If it is deemed that the employee’s poor performance is due to lack of ability (capability) the nursery manager will inform the employee in writing how their work is not meeting the required standard and outline the expected standard(s).
- The employee will be invited to meet with the nursery manager to discuss their poor performance. At this meeting the following will be discussed/decided:
- Area(s) for improvement identified.
- Relevant CPD training that the employee could attend to improve their performance
- Additional supervision meeting dates.
- Any additional support that is deemed relevant and reasonable
- Timescale of expected improvement.
- Where the employee’s performance does not reach the required standard after the timescale of expected improvement, the nursery manager will inform the trustees and together will consider either a further period for improvement or to action Ladybird Pre-School Nursery Disciplinary Policy.
- If it is deemed that the employee’s incapability is due to ill health then the trustees will seek advice and guidance from Early Years Alliance and ACAS in order to support them to achieve this policy’s objective.