At Ladybird Pre-School Nursery we provide an induction for all staff, volunteers and students in order to fully brief them about the setting, the families we serve, our policies and procedures, curriculum and daily practice.
The following Induction Procedure is carried out for all new staff, volunteers and students:
- Introductions to all staff, volunteers and students.
- Familiarisation with the building, health and safety, child protection and fire procedures.
- All staff members to receive a copy of the nursery Safeguarding Policy and Epidemic and Pandemic Policy. Staff members are required to sign to say they have read and understood.
- All staff, volunteers and students to receive a copy of the nursery COVID 19 Risk Assessment.
- All staff, volunteers and students are required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
- Introduction to parents/carers, especially parents/carers of allocated key children where appropriate.
- Familiarisation with confidential information where applicable in relation to any key children.
- Details of the tasks and daily routines to be completed.
- The induction period lasts for two weeks. The Manager, Jo Bircham, inducts new staff, students and volunteers and in her absence the most senior person will carry out the induction.
- During the induction period, the individual must demonstrate understanding of and compliance with policies, procedures, tasks and routines.
- Successful completion of the induction forms part of the probationary period.